AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electric Line Repair
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Stanley
Posted 3/4/2009 10:46 (#631378)
Subject: Electric Line Repair

Cherokee Co., Iowa
I have seen discussions on how slow it is to get someone out to do repair work on various Utilities. During a cold snap a few weeks ago I saw a highline wire that had fallen across the gravel road. I called Mid American and reported the down wire. Came home and went to our machine shed and found some red flags that I was going to put up by the problem. Driving back down the road I saw the service truck in the distance. Couldn't have been over 15 minutes and the repairman was on the site. He thought the cold had shrunk the wire enough it came apart. This rural line was put in the 1930s so the copper wire is getting hard and brittle.

Yesterday my Son called and asked if we had electricty, his had suddenly gone out. We did so I drove over and helped him check things. Found no current on one side of the 240 so started looking outside and saw a wire off the transformer. Called Mid American and explained the situation, told the operator no emergency and didn't think there was any danger involved. Son and I sat in the house talking and about 20 minutes later the service truck pulled in the yard. Wind had broken off the one wire on the transformer.

My point is there are good service people out there and we certainly have one of them in our area.

Thanks Keith.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)