AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

One scientist's opinion on global warming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 3/5/2009 01:23 (#632203 - in reply to #631371)
Subject: Re: One scientist's opinion on global warming

southern MN
Public relations nightmare. No point to that.

It's easier to work along with the regulators, and 'help' set up the regulations to hold down competition or alteratives, and profit from the regulations. Better investment than trying to buck the system with science.

I'm with Hay on this. I'm open to the possibilities, but.....

Seems the science behind it is being used in strange ways. Hold down the USA, destroy this country with extreme energy & lifestyle changes - while 3rd world countries and China and others can actually replace us by polluting more than we do. And this is supposed to be progress. It sounds more like global politics, no science or good thing for USA.

Much of the science is gaping holes of conjecture, which could still go either way on all of this.

The global warming sympathisers seem to attribute any warm spell or dry spell to global warming. Always, every time, on the news, or in the semi-science stuff we regular folk are exposed to.

But then, if a cold year or a wet spell is mentioned, then as you said - oh no no no, this is not weather, it is climate, and we need to look at long term, not just a year or a decade, a cold spell has nothing to do with it.....

But then the next warm spell, ho my oh my it's global warming look we told you so!!!!!

And look, we can prove global warming because of our weather stations that have been in position for 15 years now.....

(But - it was supposed to be 100's of years, not a few or a couple decades???? Seems like double-speak.)

Hum. I get a little suspicious of who is grinding their axe for what means.

Climate, like weather, is gonna change. I do not believe either is static.

I believe human nature is to try to grind one's axe, and try to lubricate one's personal wants.

A lot of scientists are still questioning global warming, and more question human's part in it.

Myself, I'm still waiting for the ice age my 3rd grade Weekly Reader told me was coming.

A lot of times the simple science of grade school seems to hold a lot more truth than the proclimations of many politicians & boards & international meetings.

But more study & more thought is a good idea; I'm not saying humans shall have no effect at all ever. It just seems the political & me me me folks have taken over the global warming movement, and even if we have a problem I see no actual solution coming? Just ways to bash USA.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)