AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

King Corn the movie - I've been asked to defend you guys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

KDD
Posted 3/6/2009 15:40 (#633962 - in reply to #630153)
Subject: Re: King Corn the movie - I've been asked to defend you guys

Leesburg, Ohio
Although I did not see all the movie, what little I did see angered me also. I think there is very little merit to the messages it send to a public that is far removed from the production of their food.

I think the responses by lorenk to the Pollen articles posted above are right on the mark, and provide a good starting point for response to the movie.

I am thrilled to see that at in at least one case, a fellow producer has been invited to provide some balance to an all-to-often unbalanced presentation, and even more encouraged that one of us, at least, has accepted the challenge to respond.

I would add that one important issue that many of these "anti-ag" events ignores is the issue of how much land area would be required for food production if we are somehow forced to return the the "forty-acres-and-a-mule" system of food production that so many of today's elitist activists and hollywood types seem to advocate? Without our modern efficient production methods, hybrids seeds, pesticides, GMO's, GPS, and so forth, we would be using many times the land area required by today's methods to produce food for the world. What would that do to the hungry, the wildlife, the wilderness areas, and the long-term quality and sustainability of our productive land?

I'm sure there are those (even on this discussion board) that would say to that idea, "well obviously that means we just have too many people on this planet." My question to those people would then be: Who will be the first to volunteer to go away?

Edited by KDD 3/6/2009 15:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)