AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dick and Jane grow a lot of cotton.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Harvuskong
Posted 2/27/2009 22:03 (#625697)
Subject: Dick and Jane grow a lot of cotton.

Big Country Area, area in and around Abilene TX

See Dick. See Jane.

Dick and Jane grow a lot of cotton.

See Dick's and Jane's cotton.

Cotton is made into cloth and many other useful products.

All the insects in America like to eat Dick's cotton Insects from other countries have moved to America to eat Dick’s cotton, too. See Dick with the pest control consultant.

The pest control consultant knows the scientific names of 829 cotton insects. He knows 28 chemicals that will make the insects stop eating Dick’s cotton. He chooses the most expensive one. The pest control consultant does not raise cotton.

See Dick with the accountant. The accountant helps Dick fill out all the forms required by the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS gives Dick three choices: the short form, the long form or the five year stretch. Does Dick look unhappy?? The accountant just told Dick that last year was the best year that Dick ever had. The accountant does not raise cotton.

See this big building. This is a cotton gin. Dick brings his cotton to the gin to be cleaned. See the man with Dick. This is a cotton merchant. He tells Dick that the cotton futures just fell like a rock in a well. Does Dick look nervous? The cotton merchant does not raise cotton.
See this man at the farm talking to Dick and Jane. This man is a cotton state congressman. He is running for reelection. He tells Dick and Jane that his daddy raised cotton and his daddy’s daddy raised cotton. But the congressman does not raise cotton. Instead he goes to Washington and raises taxes.

What the heck, I decided to have some fun. I do not remember where I found this Dick and Jane item. I think that it was about 10 to 12 years ago.

I think that the corn/soybean/wheat farmers could substitute their crop name in place of cotton and substitute grain elevator in place of cotton gin. It will work. And substitute whatever is needed for whatever their crop is turned into.

Edited by Harvuskong 2/27/2009 22:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)