AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

smallfarm
Posted 2/27/2009 09:40 (#624814 - in reply to #624551)
Subject: Re: What would you do?

The question I would be asking is " Where is the other 2 strands of wire? Why didnt he just leave it in rolls on the ground? If it was me I would ask him for the return of the other rolls. If he gives you a shuck & jive answer he has probably used it somewhere else. The wire is in good shape and he is too cheap to buy his own. The fact that he doesnt like barbed wire is a non issue. That is proven by the fact he kept one strand. The single strand is more dangerous than the 3 strand because it is also electrified. AS far as the sheriff , GOOD LUCK. The issue of bad farmer versus good, Steve is a good farmer. He is particular about his farming operation and all that goes with the upkeep and maitinence for his business. Im all for getting along with neighbors it makes life a whole lot easier but this guy has shown he didnt get that memo. Its really too bad this happened. We have enough to deal with on a daily basis from other outside influences without us "attacking "each other. That all said when we had an issue with a neighbor who wouldnt fix his fence I asked around for what the ruling is on maintaining fences. I was told Ks law requires a land owner to maintain fence on his side. (Kansas has an open range law.) I'm wondering if that puts Steve in violation of that because of the actions of the neighbor. Just something to think about or check on. Good luck! mrs smallfarm
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)