AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cookers, grills, smokers and etc. What works great for you, or does't. Hints, suggestions and etc.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

black dirt
Posted 2/26/2009 05:15 (#623335 - in reply to #623272)
Subject: RE: Cookers, grills, smokers and etc. What works great for you, or does't. Hints, suggestions and et

Elkhart, Illinois
I borrowed my idea from several sources including individuals and commercial(see Brinkman website) design. It started with an old 30" diameter NH3 tank salvaged from a hedge row in Union County, Illinois and went from there. The trailer is homemade to allow extra storage. Not everything is visible but I can carry as many as 6 large coolers, mounted generator, turkey cooker and 2 gas bottles (for corn boiling) and tongue mounted box for storage. Obviously, this is a charcoal/wood outfitdesigned for either direct or indirect grilling and smoking. Alot of what I like to cook, including the 2 1/4" bone-in loin chops shown below, requires very low heat and/or smoking so a gas unit is not an option for me.
I have pulled this outfit throughout parts of Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Missouri so mobility is important.

PS: It is rumored that this cooker may show up during the 2009 Farm Progress show later this year at a nearby farm.

Edited by black dirt 2/26/2009 05:21

(cookerinprogress.jpg)

(Rend Lake 06.jpg)

(Marion 06-piana.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments cookerinprogress.jpg (54KB - 293 downloads)
Attachments Rend Lake 06.jpg (62KB - 307 downloads)
Attachments Marion 06-piana.jpg (68KB - 301 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)