AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Turbo Tax ???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

McCartman
Posted 2/25/2009 22:38 (#623095 - in reply to #622811)
Subject: Re: Turbo Tax ???

Yes. In fact, Turbo Tax Basic will even work. Schedule F is included as is depreciation. Been using it myself since '95. I believe that if you get stumped somewhere along the way, they even let you "upgrade" in the middle of things to have access to the additional features in the more expensive versions if you feel it would benefit you.

The last two years I have used the online version. If you are hesitant, try that - it allows you to go through the whole process without paying a penny. However, you have to pay in order to print them out or efile. This gives you an opportunity to try it first to see if you can work your way through it. Nice thing is, they store your data on their server from year to year so you don't have to worry about keeping a back-up in a safe place - just need to remember your username & password. You could even do your taxes one year using the online version and jot down the vital info once you are done and then just exit out. Have a tax person do them and compare the results. Just an idea..... You can also download a copy for your own safe keeping if you don't trust them to keep your data safe from year to year. I do this simply for quicker access to my taxes if I need - it ends up being a PDF file.

The first year using it is the slowest as you have to enter a lot of data. After that, it will automatically transfer names, S.S. numbers, etc so you don't have to re-enter it.

It seems like I might have tried the Home & Business version one year but most of the "extras" were geared more toward businesses other than farming.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)