AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steaks, what type and how cooked and etc.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Lenders
Posted 2/25/2009 02:46 (#621916 - in reply to #621547)
Subject: RE: Steaks, what type and how cooked and etc.

Dodge Co, Wi
Like has been mentioned, I as well haven't met a steak I don't like. When eating out I go for the thickest sirloins or the prime rib, sometimes I feel like Jack Spratt, sometimes that prime rib fat just melts in my mouth...

At home I usually do tenderloin steaks cut 2-3" thick, make my own sauce for brushing on while on the grill just to add a bit of flavour to the outside when searing (heinz 57, maple syrup from the bush at home, ketjap manis brand soy sauce, worcestshire sauce, sometimes a dash or 3 or 10 of tabasco sauce, garlic powder, and ground hot pepper medley). When eating out I prefer medium rare typically, but at home they tend to come off the bbq rare to medium rare. Add some grilled asparagus spears, portabello mushrooms (will also see aforementioned sauce) and some baby taters with a cold barley sandwich and voila.

Favourite steakhouse would be the Keg, (boys back in ON will know of the chain)I can't usually pass up their baseball sirloin (med rare is most done they will serve it) usually it's the thickness of a hardball and the length of a softball or so... but then sometimes the sirloin oscar or sirloin plus crustacean legs/tails will suck me in mmmmm.

Dang, I better go exchange one of my empty LP tanks soon...

Edited by Lenders 2/25/2009 02:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)