AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steaks, what type and how cooked and etc.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dave Cen.Ia
Posted 2/24/2009 23:51 (#621832 - in reply to #621547)
Subject: Aging Beef?

Nevada, Iowa
I didn't read everything here so if I am recovering ground, excuse me.

First, I like a NY strip or a fillet the best. A little salt and pepper and some minced garlic for seasoning and done no more than med. rare. Like Citoriskeet, a nice tater and a salad with blue cheese rounds it out nicely.

It just kills me to see a nicely done steak and somebody pouring catsup on it. I am getting almost as bad about Hienz or A1.

Another thing, blue cheese seems to be some kind of strange aquired taste anymore. Many friends will turn their nose up over the mere mention. I must be one of a few that love it.

Finally, there is something about aged beef. I have heard stories of mold being scraped off of hanging beef and this was considered proper aging. I wouldn't go that far but there is something to this. Does anyone know what the proper aging techniques are? We had to do some steaks for a local fundraiser project, I swear there was a tint of green to some of them. It was some of the best beef I had ever had. I know it sounds nuts but..............anyone know what I'm talking about?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)