AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feed up with nascar racing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

plowboy
Posted 2/25/2009 00:44 (#621873 - in reply to #621847)
Subject: RE: Feed up with nascar racing

Brazilton KS

In a real racing series, it is a virtual certainty that  at any given point in time there will be a dominant car design.  NASCAR seems to abhor this concept, so they do everything they can to prevent real competition, from manipulation of the rules (making all the "stock" cars identical) to manipulation of race control.    They can't even stand to see someone dominate a race, so they manipulate that as well by using the fake caution's to prevent anyone from establishing a lead.    In a series of 500 mile races with true competively designed racing cars, there are going to be races where the leader is over a lap ahead of the competition....when was the last time you saw that in a NASCAR spec-car race?  How many caution laps are there in the average NASCAR race?  How laps are run behind the safety car in any of the non-US racing series in an average race (I am forced to specify non-US because the IRL is about as bad)?  

I used to think Formula1 was the last bastion of real racing, but they are rapidly losing my faith as well, with frozen engines, spec wings, spec ECMs, spec tires, and who knows what the next competition limiting rule will come down the pike in the name of "cost control."   Come on.....world class competion is by nature horrendously expensive...its supposed to be horrendously expensive, that is how you produce horrendous advances in performance. 

World Rally and LeMans and the bikes seem to be about all we have left with realistic developmental racing.

What is the world coming to when even unlimited air racing is limited?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)