AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windmills or Farm Subsidies?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 2/25/2009 01:35 (#621895 - in reply to #621101)
Subject: Re: Windmills or Farm Subsidies?

Southeast Wyoming

Gerald, I could not find a news article to backup my post.  I did find a Wyoming House bill proposing a $0.001/kilowatt hour tax on all energy produced and sold.  I'll work through this as I write.

I believe there was talk of 2.5 megawatt towers in our area.

I've seen figures for 3.5 megawatt name plate towers; using 33% of name plate efficiency, 15 hours/day for 270 days.  Their figures indicate the tower should produce 4725 megawatts of power per year, as an average.

I have not looked at their figures closely but, just now, I'm troubled by their figures:

"If the power purchase price is $0.10 cents per kwh capacity, or $100 per MW . . ."

Is the price $0.10 or 0.10 cents per kwh?  And what does "kwh capacity" have to do at this point in the formula?

Assuming the purchase price is $0.10/kwh and $100/MW, then that tower should return a gross of $472,500.  If all my figures are correct, a proposed tax of $0.001/kwh would only amount to $4,750 per year.

(Actually the wind farm promotional figures I saw proposed were for a 30 tower farm with an annual gross return of $14,175,000.00 per year.)

I must have misunderstood the "tax" news article I heard - I cannot find it in "print", but will keep looking.

Please help me out with this.  Do the return figures for the wind charger appear to be what others are seeing proposed?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)