AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

E15 & E85
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kipps
Posted 7/12/2019 19:04 (#7611145 - in reply to #7611062)
Subject: RE: E15 & E85

Madison Co. Virginia
Steve - 7/12/2019 19:10
What you just stated is WRONG and one of the misconceptions that people believe....it's cost per mile that counts, not mpg. With a slight reduction in mileage my cost per mile on E85 is less than regular crap gas. Plus performance is much better.....not to mention I'm supporting American farmers instead of foreign and the big oil conglomerates.

Copied off the fueleconomy.gov website. It supports what I've heard before from independent research.

MPG. Due to ethanol's lower energy content, FFVs operating on E85 get roughly 15% to 27% fewer miles per gallon than when operating on regular gasoline, depending on the ethanol content. Regular gasoline typically contains about 10% ethanol.

Cost. The cost of E85 relative to gasoline or E10 can vary due to location and fluctuations in energy markets. E85 is typically cheaper per gallon than gasoline but slightly more expensive per mile.

You're absolutely right that fuel cost per mile is where it's at. Across most of the nation including here, E85 is priced so close to e10, that it's not worth using it.

Edited by kipps 7/12/2019 19:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)