AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Climate offering money now
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

HoRFarms
Posted 7/12/2019 08:43 (#7610368)
Subject: Climate offering money now

SE VA/NE NC
Ive been a strong holdout on using Climate Fieldview. I dont think giving away my data for free is good business practice, and frankly it seems shady that they arent completely open about why or how they want this data so badly to hand out all free hardware/software. So Ive just got all their freebies sitting in the corner after I repeatedly said I dont want them.

I have felt that once they feel everyone is signed up that they will ever get, they will start throwing them large discounts to squeeze the nonusers out completely. When you control seed and chems, thats not hard to fathom.

Well low and behold, dealer called a few minutes ago to tell me they are offering $4000 in form of rebate for me to harvest corn with it this year. Its good that they are finally paying for what they are getting. But Im still not going for it not knowing their angle. I have a strong trojan horse sense about it.

Does anyone know what they are REALLY using the data for? Dont say its to help us choose varieties, etc. Thats a pretty thin veil.

Edited by HoRFarms 7/12/2019 08:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)