AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lunch Machinery....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Buehler
Posted 7/20/2019 17:28 (#7625696 - in reply to #7610246)
Subject: RE: Lunch Machinery....

Scott City KS
ClusterFarm - 7/12/2019 06:37

Spend many days this time of year bringing my lunch out of the house in a pail at 5 am. Very tired of the pbj/tuna/bologna rotation. Any good ideas for something you can pack the night before that doesn't need reheated?

Last year, I got super fed up with sandwiches and dedicated myself to not eating another blasted sandwich. And I was successful, but it took some work.

Beef Jerky works if you don't need a ton to eat. I like this recipe.

https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/beef/peppered-beef-jerky

Bratwurst and hotdogs work good cold.

What worked the best, is I threw some chicken and sirloin steak on the smoker and cooked them to almost done and seared them on the grill. I let them rest and then cut them into bite sized slices. Vacuum sealed them and stuck them in the freezer. Then when you make your lunch, pull one out and put it in the fridge. Take an extra napkin and caveman it. Far better than sandwiches (have I mentioned I'm super tired of sandwiches?)

I also like hamburger helper cold, but apparently I'm the only dude on the planet that likes that.

As far as other stuff (that's easy - it needs to be easy or it won't happen) is buy some frozen strawberries from Sams. Throw them in a tupperware and by lunchtime they're thawed enough to eat. Don't let them thaw all the way out.

Yogurt works for me, but you have to get the canister in a ziplock or it will make a mess of your lunchbox.

I also did some trail mix/nuts kind of stuff. Dried fruit too.

Edited by Buehler 7/20/2019 17:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)