AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hydraulic down force
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mhagny
Posted 7/12/2019 09:04 (#7610399 - in reply to #7610255)
Subject: RE: hydraulic down force

JRthefarmer - 7/12/2019 06:42 I don't have either, but different systems by design. Exapta system ties the whole down pressure system together, but I believe can run automatically. The benefit is even pressure among all openers whatever the depth, as opposed to losing contact on some and spring compressed and too high of pressure on others. Probably considerably cheaper than PP. PP would or could be individual row downforce IIRC.

Our UniForce system cannot be ran automatically.  The operator still has to determine what the correct setting should be, and manually adjust.  We will eventually have downforce monitoring to assist in this.

UniForce is approx 1/3 the cost* of the full-fledged PP SeederForce with hydraulic cylinders on each row.  It's fully automatic.  PP has another version of SeederForce that retains the OEM springs on each opener, and merely adjusts the rockshafts individually -- I'm not sure why anyone would bother with this, as this addresses such a minor part of the problem.

There are other differences in the systems.  UniForce can react more quickly due to cylinder rod size and size of the hoses.  We have a mechanism at the lower end of the rod to eliminate stress on the rod, which should result in longer seal life.  Various other nuances.

Edit: *On a 3-section air drill with 48 openers. 

Edited by mhagny 7/12/2019 16:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)