AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What are bred cows going to bring this fall?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

wurtzy
Posted 7/12/2019 14:27 (#7610822 - in reply to #7610234)
Subject: RE: What are bred cows going to bring this fall?

Valley, NE
We are going to downsize our Simmental/Angus herd this fall when they come off grass. We have AI'ed everything for January 19th, but ultrasounded everything June 26th and have about 15 not AI bred and a few that were less than 30 days at the end of June, but still running with the bull. Everything we'd be selling would either be weigh up cows or some later breds that might fit in your operation. Everything is vaccinated (dad and brother are both veterinarians so everything gets all their shots at our house) and registered with the ASA, age 4-12 and all very tame and bucket broke. Most of our herd is old show heifers. we were going to wean calves off of them then haul in and get what we can get, they're still pretty good cows, just need to downsize and they're the first ones that'll go. So I'm interested in what everyone says they think cows will be worth this fall.

Multiple reasons to downsize:

Mom and dad are spending more and more of the year in Arizona
I work full time in town already, so I'm still looking for a more manageable number (were going to try to go from 72 to 45 this year)
I have a teenage daughter playing in an accelerated volleyball league, I dont want to miss her tournaments like last year during the winter.
we lost our contract with the seedcorn factory for their earlage and discards, so our price to winter a cow is expected to go up about 30% (their acres have significantly been cutback)

if you're interested I'd get some pictures and videos. My email is good in my profile.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)