AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader 110v power for home use?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/12/2019 06:32 (#7610125 - in reply to #7609716)
Subject: RE: Agleader 110v power for home use?

Southern Minnesota Between Freeborn & Wells
I am in somewhat the same situation although I generally just do these things in a tractor or combine. For my use, I can generally just do a backup from one display and then hand carry the USB stick to the other vehicle and do a restore there.

I use AgFiniti on my iPad with both the displays in the planting tractor and sprayer tractor to get that information to the iPad. This allows the vast majority of the information to be available on the iPad. I print my variety and application maps directly from the iPad and generally don't use SMS for those maps. The spray display is moved to the combine so that display doesn't have the variety maps for harvesting although I have several options for dealing with that.

My combine still has the power cable that was installed when I was using an Insight there so I have an adapter cable for that location that allows the InCommand to connect to the old cable in the combine. One of those adapters could be used with your old setup for the Integra to run off of 110VAC although it would be fairly expensive for just that use.

We used to use Two-way radios for communication of the farm. We had some as bases in the house so they needed a power supply. We have pretty well abandoned them and just use cell phones now instead. This means the 110VAC to 12VDC power supplies are no longer used. One of these along with a loose cable out of a vehicle could be used in the office as well. The down side to this approach is that it is often a bit of an effort to remove the cable from a vehicle unless you happen to have a spare.

If an InCommand type display cable got damaged and had to be replaced, it might be possible to salvage just the power connection portion of it to be used for such situations. I am not aware of a 110VAC to InCommand type cable for office use although there may be one.

Edited by tedbear 7/12/2019 06:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)