AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Small diameter blue top harvestore?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hay Hud Ohio
Posted 7/11/2019 21:20 (#7609661 - in reply to #7609310)
Subject: RE: Small diameter blue top harvestore?

SW Ohio
14'
the one on our farm was built by my dad in 1950, 14x40 blue top, bags inside. It was the main silo for a 40 cow barn. In 1975 we put up a 20x80 and the 14 was changed over to high moisture shelled corn, after only a few years of nasty corn we decided it was no longer airtight, despite being resealed. Near the top sides and the top began to look like a screen door, it was used for dry corn for a few more years then abandoned. Some time in the late 70's it was featured in the A O Smith magazine as one of the first 200 ever built that was still in service (that didn't last long). Some of my past pictures of the barn raise and the tractor lineup show it in the background. Might try to get another pic tomorrow.

As far as using it, I would advise caution, the bolts are getting weak, the sheets can be rusty, moving one would be like pushing a wet noodle.
I think they may have offered a 17' model, not sure, but it probably had a white top.

A few shots of it in the background here https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=356113&posts=1...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)