AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey Century, go get forked
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

farmer in ontario
Posted 7/12/2019 11:55 (#7610615 - in reply to #7610331)
Subject: RE: Blunt, but not wrong...

Ontario

I think I have outlined my plan.  This is also not my first go around on NAT with prognosticators talking $2-3 corn, and I don't post through the malarkey that often anymore.  (Have better things to do...)
I also don't believe in $7-8 corn.  The one side creates over production, the other demand destruction.  I do believe in opportunities for both buyers and sellers during certain time periods every year.  So when it is stated 5-10 years no chance for profit, I will call on it every time I am on here.

As a young lad I remember the embargo, for a couple of years it was lean along with close to 20% interest.  A tough go for many.  By 1983 prices were once again high with production problems.  No one trumps mother nature, and this year is actually good for the market to be reminded of that.

I feel for everyone who did not get a crop in, or has problems with their crop.  I hope they have insurance.  I planted corn until June 15th, then switched to beans until June 30th.  (Since lots of farmers double crop beans anyway.)  Is it going to make it?  Who knows?  It was not fun to farm this year, just putting things in under less than ideal conditions, sleeping when you have a chance; but trying to get done.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)