AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What goes around comes around, or the lost has returned
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bshannon
Posted 7/11/2019 14:49 (#7609003)
Subject: What goes around comes around, or the lost has returned

Dunn Co Wisconsin
30-35 years ago or more, a neighboring farmer provided a large I beam to another neighbor to build a log splitter. It didn't have a motor, just run off the tractor hydraulics and so it was used at lots of farms in the neighborhood powered by whatever tractor the farmer had. Somehow it ended up here. The last I remembered it was probably 20 years ago when a friend who was an electrican borrowed it. That's the last time I saw it. The electrician's brother in law had a farm on the other side of town and I met him once or twice and he mentioned it was out there. We quit burning wood many years ago and I didn't really care what happened to it.

Today I leave for 1/2 hr and come home to find the splitter sitting in the yard. No note, just the splitter sitting there like it belonged here. It brought back a lot of memories. Eddie, the original farmer who provided the beam quit farming and got an off farm job. He was killed in a car accident going to work one snowy day a long time ago, Richard, the guy who put it together also passed away, as did our electrician friend and my husband.

I sent a picture to my son and he said the same thing I did; all the memories of people and the past came flooding back.

Even though I don't plan on using it, I'm going to keep it just for memories sake.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)