AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Family things to do around Omaha
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 7/11/2019 09:39 (#7608547 - in reply to #7608399)
Subject: RE: Family things to do around Omaha

East of Broken Bow
You can easily spend all day at the zoo.
Other places nearby would be the Rai Road museum, just a little ways South. Omaha was once one of the larger rail stops, and they preserved much of the main depot. Easy to see that the Rail Roads had a lot of wealth back then, the place is amazing in terms of size and extravagance.
The old market is in that area, as well, lots of little shops for souvenirs and such, but might get boring for little kids. Old market has some of the best places to eat in Omaha, and the prices are reasonable, as well. I recommend Famous Dave's BBQ if you like meat, and if you are REAL hungry, the Spaghetti Works has all you can eat Italian. Cheesecake Factory is down that way as well.
Some of the best ice cream I ever ate, was at Maggie Moo's ice cream shop in the old market, as well.

Everything I listed is in the general area of the zoo. If you don't mind driving through town a ways, Cocoa Keys water park is always a fun stop for kids. They have a lot of indoor waterslides and such, so you can go there even with bad weather.
Lastly, if you are into sporting goods at all, the big Scheel's store is a good place to go. Go to the main store in Omaha, the one with the ferris wheel inside. I think its towards the West end of Dodge Street.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)