AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much cost to cut horns off of yearling heifers at you vet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MiradaAcres
Posted 7/11/2019 14:42 (#7608991 - in reply to #7608921)
Subject: RE: How much ost to cut horns off of yearling heifers at you vet

Southern MN
Our vet clinic seems to be pretty reasonable on charges. On things like Bangs they tell us the charge is the same for 1 or 5 since they must use the whole bottle after mixing so we line up animals in increments of 5 whenever possible (youngest will wait til next visit unless they will be over a year by then). They stay busy. Last visit vet called and said he would be late due to having to stop and pull a calf that was on the way which ended up in a c-section, told him we would have to reschedule due to another appointment; they apologized about being late and having to reschedule and I told them I would expect them to due the same thing if it were my animal needing emergency care and that vaccinations were not an emergency and could wait a week or two. Open communication is a good thing with the vet.

While doing the surgical the vet commented a head table would make it easier. I asked what a head table would cost and he told me about what I paid for the catch gate (Foremost A-25 that we bought for $200). I ordered one the next week since it would make life easier in the future.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)