AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader 3000 Yield Monitor SRaM Card
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cwade
Posted 2/22/2009 07:29 (#618198)
Subject: Ag Leader 3000 Yield Monitor SRaM Card

I have a 1997 Case Ih combine with the Case IH branded Ag Leader 3000 yield monitor. It uses the SRam card which I have to use an old laptop running Windows 2000 with an external card reader to access the data. If I remember right the SRam card reader would not operate with an operating system newer than Windows 2000. I now have to keep that old laptop just to operate the card reader. From a thread below it sounds like there may be some kind of card adapter to put in the moniter to get me away from the old SRam card. Is this true. If so it would make life a lot simpler.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
houghta3
Posted 2/22/2009 09:08 (#618281 - in reply to #618198)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader 3000 Yield Monitor SRaM Card

Saginaw Michigan
if the display was original to the combine, it is a rebranded YM 2000, not a pf 3000. the YM used the SRAM card and the PF3000 used a regualr PC card. if you have an AFS display plus with the touch screen you can use the pc card, or get an adapter and use a CF card.
if your display is AFS and not touch screen, you likely have a rebranded ym2000, making you stuck using a sram card.

Yes you do need an older computer and SRAM reader for thse cards. i keep a windows 95 laptop around just for this specific purpose. seems like every year i read one fewer card....
Unfortunatly your best bet is to upgrade monitors in order to get away from those cards. you can find PF3000 around used that will plug right into your sensors, you may need to make a few cable alterations, but ag leader can supply adapters to do it.

sorry i cant help better
mike

Edited by houghta3 2/22/2009 09:09
torn
Posted 2/22/2009 11:32 (#618453 - in reply to #618281)
Subject: Re: Ag Leader 3000 Yield Monitor SRaM Card

roaming
Windows XP will generally read these cards. Just install the generic PCMCIA card driver.
bpeelen
Posted 2/23/2009 11:08 (#619730 - in reply to #618453)
Subject: Re: Ag Leader 3000 Yield Monitor SRaM Card

Sheldon, IA
Your monitor is the Case IH version of the Ag Leader 2000. A newer laptop will read these cards too. I have a laptop purchased brand new last summer on XP that reads SRAM cards just fine. However, it did take a lot of messing around with PCMCIA drivers untill I found one that worked. I went through HP's website and found the driver I needed eventually.

If you want to hook in an Ag Leader 3000 or PF Advantage it is simply an adapter cable and a new monitor bracket. It is a very easy swap. These monitors use the Flash cards or Compact flash with adapter. If you are looking for a used PF Advantage monitor I may have one if you would like to email me. I am not sure if the farmer will trade it in yet or not.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)