AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I think I just got (indirectly) hit by lightning
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 7/11/2019 07:29 (#7608317 - in reply to #7607423)
Subject: RE: I think I just got (indirectly) hit by lightning

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

Ohio_farmer - 7/10/2019 18:09 If that's possible? Maybe someone here can explain the science. There's a thunderstorm going through just north of me. I was under my baler, re-threading it, when I suddenly got a strong jolt and I saw a bit of a flash. Just about scared the poo outta me!

I understand and agree. Didn't read any of the other replies, but it happened to me several years ago. Was working out in the yard when a storm blew in. I ducked inside our little shop, and it had a fuel barrel alongside the south wall, outside. Watching out the window at the storm, I saw a bolt of lightening strike not too far away, in the driveway. A ball of 'fire' traveled along the ground to the conduit for the power to the fuel barrel, followed that conduit up to where the power came thru the wall of the shop and popped me in the side of the head. I can only assume that a) the lightening strike wasn't a particularly powerful one and b) it lost a tremendous amount of its "kick" in the process of travel to the inside of the shed. Otherwise, I wouldn't be writing this post. Kinda made me a bit woosey for a while and I felt off balance, but it was suggested that at least now I had an excuse.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)