AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Time for Snodgrass?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SoDak Farms
Posted 7/10/2019 22:03 (#7607876 - in reply to #7607811)
Subject: RE: Time for Snodgrass?

EC SoDak
Put a lid on what? I haven’t “talked a big position” on here as some are/have. Although, I don’t fault anyone for talking a position and projecting it, a forum is meant exactly for that. None the less, I’ve tried to convey the point that not all of SoDak is a disaster and now we’ve started hearing from some others that, of what they’ve planted, looks pretty good and others who say it’s bad along with everything in between. Likely one reason why we’ve seen crop conditions reports going up for SoDak. That’s better transparency vs all gloom and doom for a forum, don’t you think? Chad H has traveled around a bit, as I have not, and was pretty specific on areas that looked good and other that looked poor. I see a lot of value in that.

I have my assumptions on what you mean, I guess if you respond we will know for sure. I will say, I suppose apologize for if need be, I’m very much left brain dominant. So, I’m very point blank, analytical, breakdown situations, enjoy facts/data/details, etc, I am not one most would enjoy going to a movie with. lol. So, if your point is I need to “put a lid on it” because some places are hurting and things are going “ok” in my neck of the woods, that’s not how I’m wired. That’s why I always encourage others to put out pictures and a synopsis of their area throughout the season, I like the data. Now, if I was to use more of the right side, sure, I’d probably be more delicate vs point blank and use more emotion. But then I’d say that last year, when the eastern belt was phenomenal, I had to hear and see all about it without much regard for those that were really wet last year as well. But, I didn’t complain about it and I actually liked the data, it helps counteract our local bias and become better marketers.

The beauty of all this is, y’all are responding to a comment about my local area that wasn’t meant to be mean but some fun vs the data i wanted discussion on that it was replied to.

Edited by SoDak Farms 7/10/2019 22:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)