AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
Search Forums | Classifieds (53) | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hired Help Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format
Posted 7/10/2019 20:41 (#7607681 - in reply to #7607347)
Subject: RE: Hired Help Questions

Floyd County, Iowa
Birddy - 7/10/2019 17:19

Hawkfarm99 - 7/10/2019 15:16
nks - 7/10/2019 14:43 You can't say that with any certainty with the facts presented.
I absolutely can say with certainty that the work described will require withholding and workman's comp. It is not custom work as the OP is providing the equipment--the hired labor would be just that, hired labor. Of course, you can skirt the rules and make them up as you go and pay cash and send a 1099--but watch out if someone gets hurt on the job--you will be paying for their injuries the rest of your life (and the injured parties). Farmers don't get a pass on labor laws--trust me I know. Best thing to do is set up an LLC for the baling and pay the help out of that entity-withholding and all (and for sure have workman's comp for anyone working on your farm). Hope this helps!

Some states do not require workmens comp for farm employees.  You cover your

hired help, with your farm insurance, for an injury, pay them, and withhold SS and Medicare.  

He's correct on the hired labor vs custom work point.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)