AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
Search Forums | Classifieds (190) | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hired Help Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format
Posted 7/10/2019 15:16 (#7607180 - in reply to #7607147)
Subject: RE: Hired Help Questions

nks - 7/10/2019 14:43

You can't say that with any certainty with the facts presented.

I absolutely can say with certainty that the work described will require withholding and workman's comp. It is not custom work as the OP is providing the equipment--the hired labor would be just that, hired labor. Of course, you can skirt the rules and make them up as you go and pay cash and send a 1099--but watch out if someone gets hurt on the job--you will be paying for their injuries the rest of your life (and the injured parties).

Farmers don't get a pass on labor laws--trust me I know. Best thing to do is set up an LLC for the baling and pay the help out of that entity-withholding and all (and for sure have workman's comp for anyone working on your farm).

Hope this helps!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)