AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IL yields
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Beanseeder
Posted 7/10/2019 23:22 (#7608027 - in reply to #7606448)
Subject: RE: WI yields

Outagamie County WI
Farm in Outagamie Winnebago and Waupaca counties in east central Wisconsin.

P.P. 40% this year. Never had any before. Yesterday was the first day I could get across some fields for weed control. Never had one day all spring that fields were dry enough to do any tillage. It is the 10th of July.

Record crop of giant ragweed and marestail. Worked just the hills on another 80. Get off the hills and its still wet eough to get stuck. 240 acres I still can't touch. This isn't low ground and I'm not alone. Some areas to the east where the large daries are located in Freedom/Wrightstown have lots of unplanted acres as well. First crop hay just being made now and plenty of that got rained on. Rutted fields for second crop. Takes a lot of ankle high July 10 corn to fill a silo or bunker in the fall.

Laughable to include Wisconsin as a rosey picture. If you want to take a drive to the view crops in my general area visit Oshkosh WI. EAA starting July 22. See for yourself. If you drive or fly 18 miles to the north to the Appleton International airport you'll see plenty more acres not planted. Some mine. Hopefully I can get some of the weeds knocked down by then.

Just our turn. We have had good crops the last couple years. Crops that are planted are way behind. Hoping for perfect weather in August and a late freeze for the acres that did get planted..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)