AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

June 3rd planted corn.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SoDak Farms
Posted 7/9/2019 18:11 (#7605592 - in reply to #7605577)
Subject: RE: June 3rd planted corn.

EC SoDak
I have some PP, but by and large, if I can be slightly patient for the ground to come around “enough” and hit my windows when presented and go 24/7, it normally works out. I tend to get made fun of for planting when “snow piles” are still around. However, history for me up here says, go when field conditions are decent, ignoring temps to a certain degree. Most here don’t do that, and ended up with a lot of June planted corn. In our climate, more so than probably most in the Belt, the earlier is the better. Although, the cold rain rule still applies in my experience.

None the less, if you’ve followed me much this year, I wasn’t pushing that it’s be a disaster and have been pretty optimistic. It was wet and cold for sure, for the second year in a row, a huge mid April blizzard when I’d normally be in the field planting. None the less, I was showing when I was in the field and the conditions I was digging or planting in, hoping for better weather to keep going. Lol

Edit to add: It also helps I have a ton of tile and some grade in most of my fields. The flat and black (even with a bunch of tile) are the fields that have some PP on them.

Edited by SoDak Farms 7/9/2019 18:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)