AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Climate Fieldview
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 7/8/2019 14:36 (#7603569 - in reply to #7602232)
Subject: RE: Climate Fieldview

roaming
STOMN - 7/7/2019 18:42

Lil' Hoss - 7/7/2019 16:39

Guess if you are OK with paying Climate to harvest all of your data then more power to you, just keep in mind it’s not your data anymore !

It’s my data. And as I said before. Read the agreement.

How We May Use and Share Your Information

We may use Your Information:

to deliver, administer, develop and improve the Climate Corporation Service Platform products and services;
to communicate with you about Climate Corporation Service Platform products and services or to present you with communications, content or offers that may be of interest to you, each subject to your right to opt out at any time; and
for other purposes to which you expressly consent.
Other than for those permitted uses, we will not share Your Information:

with any governmental entities, unless compelled or legally required, in our judgment, to do so; or
with others without your consent, except with Service Providers.

Of course you could say they can violate the agreement but I would bet they’d be done after that. Thank you for the helpful info you’ve added to this website it’s proven useful to myself and others. But you don’t need to fear monger.

I don't have a dog in this fight, and don't much care whether anyone likes or dislikes Climate. But as a point of clarity, the text above is from the Climate Privacy Policy. A policy is just that - a policy. The actual legal document that governs your relationship with Climate is the End User License Agreement, which is linked elsewhere in this thread. While it's true that Climate would likely get some bad press if they did something that didn't align with their policy, as long as it didn't violate the EULA, there wouldn't be much anyone could do about it except vent. (This holds for many other companies as well. The EULA has the fine print (which no one ever reads), including a lot of stuff about severability, indemnification, etc. Some of it is boilerplate that is pretty standard for any contract. The privacy policy is generally much more readable and is intended to help human beings understand the gist of the EULA. In my experience, you pretty much sign your life away in a EULA, with the hopes that the company will abide by their privacy policy.

Edited by torn 7/8/2019 14:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)