AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wrapping experiment continues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 6/25/2019 10:06 (#7580819)
Subject: Wrapping experiment continues

Driftless SW Wisconsin

As I've posted earlier, my goal this year is to get all of my hay wrapped and to use the hay shed for machinery storage. So far so good. There is a lot to learn when starting to wrap hay.  I finished up wrapping some extremely wet 60" dia bales the other day but had seven 70" dry bales left in the shed I wanted to get out.

These seven bales were what was left at spring turnout of about 250 similar bales that were in the shed at the start of hay feeding season last November. I figure I'm going to have to wrap 300-325 of the 60" bales this year to be ready for winter. Reduced waste may be offset by more cows and calves.

The Anderson wrapper I bought over the winter is working very well and has a lot of improvements over the older models used when I hired wrapping done in the past.  This new model says it will take 6 ft dia bales so I thought I'd experiment by wrapping the larger, year-old 70" dry bales at the end of the row of 60" very wet, new 1st crop bales.

It seemed to go extremely well. I just sped up the wrap a bit to put more wraps on near the joint and set the larger bales on the machine right behind the smaller bales. We'll see what I get next fall. Here's a picture of loading the larger dry bales on the wrapper. I like the new remote control for the wrapper steering which helps the automatic operation.

Edited by Jim 6/25/2019 10:24

(IMG103 Mixing 6ft large bales with 5ft wet bales 0619 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG103 Mixing 6ft large bales with 5ft wet bales 0619 (full).jpg (143KB - 102 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)