AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Running tile 3/4 of a mile or further in one run
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Swartzfarms
Posted 6/24/2019 12:21 (#7579058 - in reply to #7577695)
Subject: RE: Running tile 3/4 of a mile or further in one run

North East IL
I don't know what kind of plow you are looking at, but regardless I have a soil Max and have AG leader sms that I use to rough out a plan before I start. Have some farms that it was just to tile a pond and now 20 years later it should have been a bigger tile to pattern tile it using it as the main.

So at the minimum I would highly suggest getting a program that can figure that out for you. Sms does, and I'm sure the Trimble ag water program (can't remember the name) can give you some guidance.

If nothing else, I'm guessing there is someone local who can write you a map. Know theres several around here that can and it's probably worth the money to have them write you a plan. You can spend a lot of money to really screw something up and have to come back and fix it.

Also, make sure you figure neighbors water if needed and plan not to screw your neighbors. See too many here that go cheap, hook a big tile into a 4" half plugged tile with a breather that then floods out the neighbor you are hooking onto.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)