AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neighbour's vegetable garden
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 6/23/2019 09:50 (#7576449 - in reply to #7576413)
Subject: RE: Neighbour's vegetable garden

just a tish NE of central ND
Iron Archer - 6/23/2019 08:31

Spray your corn and have him water his garden to wash off any drift when you’re done.

Had to do that once when a wind turned 180 degrees on me. My neighbor lady said the last guy that farmed it said “tough $hit” when he drifted on her tomatoes. Lol

Man that a tough deal to work with.I left acres of weed yearly due to sensitive crops and gardens.I don't want to hurt anyone stuff ever.The crops aren't so bad since its another farmer that understands even if you use caution things can go bad., but the gardens will make enemies out of good friends for life.Relatives are the worst.But if you leave the cropland grow into weeds to save their garden they complain about how bad of a farmer you are because of the weeds.
.........I'm afraid all the rinsing won't do much after the chemicals contact.It might save the veggies but there will still be damage.I would say they might be ok if the sprinkler was already watering when you come along spraying..
Good friends of ours and us were standing in the yard when a land owner next to them was spraying in the oncoming wind. We were there with them. Garden a good 150 yards out from field line ad a bit down hill. You could feel the mist in the yard as they went by with the sprayer.The friend drove out with the 4 wheeler to ask him not do that anymore since this was the second time and owner/operator/ remark was to move his garden. It already was in the middle of the 10 acres though.He just kept on spraying on the wrong side of the yard.
All the tomato fruits got tiny holes on the south side which is the direction the wind was from.

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 6/23/2019 10:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)