AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Paul Harvey nostalgia.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

guessrow
Posted 2/19/2009 21:59 (#615790)
Subject: Paul Harvey nostalgia.

Le Sueur VIA St.Thomas
I was driving in the cities today, heading back from a jobsite when Paul Harvey came on the radio... It had been a while since hearing or thinking about 'Stand by for NEWS!', but instantly, I was taken back about 25 years- I was 10 or so, in the house with mom, sitting at the kitchen and could imagine like it was yesterday that she was preparing a big meal! I can picture that dad would have been working outside, waiting for the dinner light to come on. The yellow counter top, the kitchen table, and the wall clock above the heat register sit perfectly in my mind. Of couirse mom had that tiny little radio that was forever tuned to KRBI AM with the Paul Harvey noontime update ready to come on any minute.

Well, it isn't 25 years ago; mom still lives on the farm, a couple tractors are still around, but dad passed a few years ago, and I now have a 5 and 3 year old. I wonder what, if anything will trigger flashbacks like this in my children in 30 years. I hope they are as memorable as mine are. I guess that's my job, now.

How about you; what brings out nostalgia in you?

good luck -jim

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)