AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cleaned oats for cover crop $$?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 6/20/2019 05:23 (#7569780 - in reply to #7568450)
Subject: RE: Boy . . . How True ~

central - east central Minnesota -

Iron Archer - 6/19/2019 12:55
paul the original - 6/19/2019 17:31 The light stuff that blows out the combine grows like hair on a dog; but if you intend for it to grow it seems some sort of incorporation is needed or one has poor results. Funny that way. Paul
No doubt Paul. I make this comment every year so here goes one for 2019 as follows, We have all this technology for precision plant and down force and micro encapsulated fertilizer and in furrow fertilizer and fancy gauge wheels and closing wheels, and tractors with GPS, radar and swath control and LEDs and KGBs and FBIs and GAYs. Lol So we plant corn and beans and cotton and what the hell ever crop you can think of and we struggle to have a good stand with even emerging plants and still complain like we did BEFORE we had all this technology. Then as you pass the gate when leaving the field and look down in the ditch where the grain truck spilled a handful of Last year’s harvest. Now there is soybeans and corn growing out of three feet of water that you know froze solid at least 20 times this past winter and was chewed on by rodents and birds. Hahahahaha This is exactly how I started using “birdseed sunflowers” for a cover crop or dove plots. That crap falls out of my wife’ Bird feeder, gets chewed on by the squirrels and STILL GROWS by the fence in the corner of the yard...in the shade!!! Guess that was a rant? Sorry! Lol 

Yup . . .  how true ~

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)