AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Palmer field. Help please!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kswrenchturner05
Posted 6/18/2019 22:22 (#7567504 - in reply to #7567121)
Subject: RE: Palmer field. Help please!!

Geuda Springs, Kansas
All of us Kansas Gus are trying to tell you how scared we are of this weed. It shows no mercy! If you think you are going to just share it out you are wrong. This is a super weed and it becomes resistant to chems very fast. We probably only have 1 to 2 years left controlling with extend technology. I plant extend beans with the intend of never spraying extendimax, however it’s still an option if the pre and posts didn’t work and I’m in trouble. I would recommend getting clean before planting anything. Much cheaper than getting clean in crop. Sharpen is a ppo mode of action so that’s off the table because you are probably going to use either spartan or valor as a pre which is way too much ppo and will hurt the beans. I am always shocked at the guys on my area that think Palmer is no big deal, as a young guy this weed scares the crap out of me because once it’s up, it’s hard to kill. My ultimate goal every ear is to never let it come out of the ground. This starts with a fall burn down and two pre applications in the spring.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)