AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Billboard lease - nonrenewed lease
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 6/17/2019 05:49 (#7563723 - in reply to #7563432)
Subject: RE: Wow . . .. better work it now !

central - east central Minnesota -

Case7140 - 6/16/2019 21:46 We have a billboard constructed by a local company that we’re not renewing at the end of the current lease. Can they come tear it down or whose property would that be considered? Background: We currently have a billboard on our property that has been there since sometime in the 1980s. The original lease was signed by the previous owner. The billboard company has been completely respectful about our property but has not increased our rent since 1994. We’ve expressed our interest in renegotiating and they’ve budged a bit but we still don’t feel it would be worthwhile to resign with them based on their current offer. We have been in touch with a few local businesses that would be willing to take the space and pay us a more fair offer. Does anyone know if the billboard that was erected by the billboard company (wood with 4 faces, set in concrete) is now our property? I’d hate to spend the money on creating signs just to have them come and take it down. I can’t think they’d take the time to do that. Any and all help would be appreciated. 

Ya, I'd be willing to bet, you have fine print that gives them the longevity on the space . . . ..  You better go to the recorders office and get the copy of the lease that was filed (there's been cases of different leases and the recorded copy is what the judge will advice on), and read it carefully. You need to start contact with cancelation terms/condition and notice right now, to ensure you meet the hidden fine print that they received proper notice of cancelation/non-renewal. You better get an attorney who has experience in such matters involved, now - if you truly want the lease terminated.

Good luck and please report back for others to learn from

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)