AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I doubt if you young ones know what this is for.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 6/16/2019 22:18 (#7563514 - in reply to #7562937)
Subject: RE: I doubt if you young ones know what this is for.

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
Ok I’ll fill you in on what it’s for even though I don’t know the proper name for it. I tried to Google a picture of it but couldn’t find one, even tried googling the names of some of the suggestions and it wasn’t exactly what I used when I was growing up and when I first started farming in 1976.

My dad had an old 4 row 468 front mount cultivator that had a “time tooth harrow” I’ll call it mounted to the back stationary drawbar. It would hinge up and down has you would raise the right side of the cultivator with a chain. The tine harrow was used to level out the shovel sweeps marks especially where the tires were located. It leveled the ground out plus broke up the compacted ground and made it so the weeds were less likely to grow back there.

I can remember starting cultivating when I was in Jr High. I bought a new planter in 1979 and bought a used rear mount cultivator the same year. I think it’s been at least 20 years and probably longer since I’ve cultivated, don’t miss it a bit. But like mentioned above with RTK auto- steering now it’d be a lot easier.

The piece shown is not complete, it is missing the small tab that mounts it to the harrow. Thanks for all of the responses.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)