AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to see in and around Chicago?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

S. Mahoney
Posted 6/17/2019 07:50 (#7563956 - in reply to #7562925)
Subject: RE: What to see in and around Chicago?

Northern IN
My wife and kids and I like to go up there for a long weekend every year or two.

The museums are good... Science and Industry, Field Museum of Natural History, Shedd Aquarium. You can get a city pass at any of these that includes tickets for all three plus the art museum, Willis Tower, and Hancock center. The city pass is a good deal if you use it for 3 or more of the places it includes and also gets you through lines quicker. There are citi pass lines that are shorter at Willis Tower it saved us at least an hour of waiting last summer.

I’d recommend taking in a Cubs game at Wrigley. If they’re not in town I’d recommend the tour of the ballpark.

My wife talked me into going on an architectural tour on a boat on the river. I was skeptical but ended up really enjoying it.

Someone mentioned Fair Oaks Dairy which I would recommend if you want to go for a drive. I haven’t done the tour there for a few years, but I always stop at the gift shop when I’m in the area for some fresh cheese curds.

Your kids may be old enough for the Second City comedy show. I haven’t been to that yet. People I know who have been there say it’s a good time.

For deep dish we go to Lou Malnatti’s. Always one of the things we look forward to most.

Stay somewhere downtown. We like the Hilton on Michigan Avenue since it’s within walking distance of a lot of things (Field Museum, Shedd, Millenium Park, Art Museum.) The Magnificent Mile area is nice too.

If you’re going somewhere too far to walk I recommend Lyft or Uber. The Red Line is also a good way to get to Wrigley since there is a station by the ballpark.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)