AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Excel spreadsheets- can you have a master and then some sorts that feed off master?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Omar
Posted 6/19/2019 07:16 (#7567884 - in reply to #7567523)
Subject: RE: Excel spreadsheets- can you have a master and then some sorts that feed off master?

Elmira, Ontario

tigger - 6/18/2019 23:32 ... but the master sheet has to be of a set size. I just make it bigger than I will ever possibly need to begin with, so there is plenty of extra room to add new entries....

That's why I use the tables feature that has been part of Excel for the past 10 years. Makes issues with incomplete ranges completely in the past. Life is so much easier now.

The original request was the see the actual data on the other sheets, but sorted differently. The only way to do that is through the pivot table feature. So summary formulas are only part of what he is looking for. And I would recommend SUMIFS (and COUNTIFS) which is a better version of the very limited SUMIF

There is another way, actually. That's to have the master data on a sheet in a completely different file. Then have a query set up to pull it into a second file with different arrangements on different sheets. It's something I've done quite often, but not for this exact reason.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)