AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Here’s a story while I wait to bale
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

R4D2
Posted 6/16/2019 13:15 (#7562387 - in reply to #7561585)
Subject: RE: Here’s a story while I wait to bale

NW Missouri
Great story, made me think of my father,he also operated cat's on and off for 60 year's. Started at 16 and had to give it up at age76. My brother and I continued the family business, we bought in at early age, and work side by side. As dad slowed down we ran the business, and he would run when ever he felt like,some time 9hrs. some times2hrs. He never liked to run the newer cat's, that we bought with cab's , he preferred the old D6C, which we kept around mainly for him to run. After he couldn't
run do to health issues,a year or two before he passed,my brother and I bough a new D7R cab air. Well now this crawler looked pretty impressive to him. So with a lot help
loaded him up into cab oxygen tank and all, showed him the diff steer, and throttle switch. We fired up, I jump off track and he started,in to fill in a old frog pond.I think he ran3 or 4hrs. finished whole thing. I know he was worn out for several day's after, but he had the best day for him in a long time. Buy the way he showed me how to operate on a old D6 9u. with pony start, one his favorite crawlers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)