AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did saskatchewan get rain today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

redoak
Posted 6/15/2019 18:17 (#7561026 - in reply to #7559385)
Subject: RE: the truck ?

sw ontario
Rusty6 - 6/14/2019 21:36

redoak - 6/14/2019 18:26 Rusty tell us about the pkp.....growing up there was many of them around like that up un til late 60's

Shows you how far we have come just in my lifetime. When I was a kid my uncle hauled his grain to the elevator with this truck. About 90 bushels at a time. There were still a few others hauling with this size truck but the big 2 and 3 tons  were becoming more popular. Nowadays I don't even haul my own grain as there are no elevators close enough. Done by custom semi that hauls ten times what the old 49 Mercury did. I shot this video of the truck last fall which will show some more details about it. 
https://youtu.be/fQtrs_AesxE

So true ,my parents growing up had no running water,no central heat,electricity ,bathrooms...got electric power in '49 and running water/toilet about '58...and many lived 2 families in same house with an interior door dividing it...Dad never had a pkp. until maybe '64 & then a pkp. like in your pic...they used to take oats bagged & cob corn bagged to feed mill to be ground & mixed in a trailer on back of car...he always stopped at his 2 widowed aunts that lived together in Wheatley for a visit & they would give me a orange crush pop...only sweet treat one would get....maybe just memories from young child hood but life seemed relaxed , people calm,time to visit & even though not many had money you never heard people complain or be jealous of others........now enough is never enough....my Dad told his Mom during depression that someday he would be worth $50k & they thought he had either lost his marbles or had some mental issue
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)