AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FEEDD bill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

wayneNWAR
Posted 6/13/2019 19:30 (#7557460 - in reply to #7557042)
Subject: RE: FEEDD bill

north west arkansas
No I'm sure not and I don't plan on being either. I can assure you as conservative as I am with making feed I'll be the last one to run out of options. Just like I bought an inline wrapper and baled 40% of my wheat before the river got it. I lost 60% to the river and since I took this for hay I gave up a crip insurance payment on all of it. I could have easily just let the weather take it all and colllected a nice check but instead baled the highest dollar per bale hay of my career. Now with all that said a lot of my ground probably won't have river water off it until at least the middle of next month then have to dry out. No way I'm planting August beans just to lose money and good chance flood in the fall. I don't care to spray or plow to keep resistant pigweed down all summer so I'm gonna plant a cover. Good chance it's not worth doing anything with after nov 1.but if it is great. If its not that's fine to and I'll notill into it next spring. Now with all that said if I can make feed earlier that's even better. I don't make the rules or have any input into how the rules are made but will do the best I can given the situation. All also have a nice carry over from last year because I never sell a bite of feed. Had multiple chances the last two years to sell high for great money but didn't.

Edited by wayneNWAR 6/13/2019 19:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)