AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FEEDD bill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Blusteryknollfarm
Posted 6/13/2019 13:29 (#7557019 - in reply to #7556891)
Subject: RE: FEEDD bill

North Central Illinois
paul the original - 6/13/2019 11:56

carlsoncl - 6/13/2019 00:24

Our young state legislature Rep. Dusty Johnson (I took a PE required class with him while at SDSU) proposed a bill along with a bipartisan rep from Minnesota to allow grazing, haying, or chopping of feed off PP acres to help livestock producers in an area declared a disaster. I applaud their efforts. It’s mid June and farmers in the area are doing all sorts of crazy....corn is still going in the ground here. I got most mine in......1/2 my corn crop is just emerging. We need feed, but it’s a double edged sword with crop insurance this late in the game! Thank you Dusty!

It sure is getting hard to manage a small somewhat independent farm.

Certainly govt actions and the weather can have wild effects on the crops, livestock, and prices.

But with adversity comes opportunity.

We can’t grab that opportunity if the govt continues to rewards sameness, no changes, no reaction but to get bigger and more of the same and wait for some handout to come along and bail out those who are inflexible.

Don’t want to sound like I don’t care about those facing hardships, but the rumors and truths of the ongoing MFP payments, the PP changes in mid policy, and so on sure makes it difficult to manage a business and to work for the opportunities that are out there.

Just plant beans and corn on 2 counties or more and wait by the mailbox for the govt money notifications, keeps the bankers, insurance companies, and mega dealerships happy. There is no point to trying anything else it seems, you will be the one punished.

Paul

Isn't the argument in favor of subsidized crop insurance that it is to replace the ad hoc disaster programs?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)