AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reconfiguring sprayer control on 4660 coupe
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jason Hinson
Posted 6/12/2019 21:56 (#7555927)
Subject: Reconfiguring sprayer control on 4660 coupe

Kingston, Iowa
I don't like how the spray system works on our Coupe. We've had it for 6 years now, but my frustration level is high enough, I want to do something about it.

It's using a Raven 460 for the controller. The master switch turns the pump on and off. That is what I like the least. The delay to pressure gives an erratic spray pattern when taking off. If I take off out of a corner, it will sputter until pressure builds and then if I try to slow down to avoid skips it will drop the pressure and sputter again. I compounded the problem by adding a Smart Boom for section control. The way it works on the coupe renders the boom toggle switches useless, unless poking a few buttons to reconfigure it. It's not something I'm capable of while trying to keep the boom out of the fences. I used to be able to turn the pump on rev her up and then throw all 5 switches to get a more acceptable pattern at the start. The way it is now also makes it harder to just let it sit and agitate.

The old 220 just left the pump run and it had a master switch that would turn all the boom sections that were activated on. That is how I would like this one to operate. Has anyone done this or have any ideas that would let me use it the way it is more effectively?

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)