AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For experienced users of Wilger nozzles on AIM systems...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WilgerIndustries
Posted 6/14/2019 10:02 (#7558538 - in reply to #7557467)
Subject: RE: For experienced users of Wilger nozzles on AIM systems...

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense for the speed side of things.

What tips did you have on hand at the moment that you could use right now?
Probably not intended to be used that way, but you would be able to use multiple tips at the same time with your system as well.

For example: If you were needing to apply 20 GPA, you could apply something like 13 GPA out of your aim command, and use a 7 GPA tip on the other outlet (conventionally/auto-rate controlled though, so nozzle size will differ greatly from a PWM 7 GPA tip).

You get a lot more flexibility out of your AIM tip, but you could always use an 8GPA PWM tip and 12 GPA non-aim tip. If you had a handful of tips from your old sprayer, you could use those as well to verify the setup won't be too drifty for you.

The intent would be to split up the flow to be able to maintain overall smaller droplets for coverage specific applications; albeit, you don't want to go too coarse with your mix either.

As far as the capabilities of PWM, it often gets sold as a 'one-tip-for-everything', but typically the differing modes of action and requirements for each application kind of nullify the benefit of 'making it work'. Even on the tip side of things, I would have a lot more benefit using a dedicated tip for fungicide than save several hundred dollars and use my burn-off tip.

Let me know if that makes sense or if you wanted to look more into that too. It changes it up a little bit, but isn't too bad to figure out the split of the tips.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)