AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who thinks the crop we have up and running is screwed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

4G Farms
Posted 6/12/2019 23:30 (#7556117 - in reply to #7556076)
Subject: RE: Who thinks the crop we have up and running is screwed?

WC IL
No pics from around here yet. Don’t think I really want to remember this year. I have one field of corn that looks even and is all there for the most part but it has a couple small pockets that were drowned out. It was planted on May 17-18 and its my only system tiled farm. All the other corn I planted after it is spotty. Tried to spot in some corn last Friday the 8th in another field. Thought I only had a few spots to “thicken up “ and when I got out in it I couldn’t decide where to start and stop. Probably should have done what I did in past and ripped it out and started over.

Seems like a lot of the stuff planted in that May 16-20 window around here looks spotty. After the dry out time and guys were able to get back in around end of May to first few days of June have the best looking stand and no drowned out spots. Who knows if the late May early June corn will make it but as of now it seems to look the best. I’ve had two years when I had June planted corn and both times it went north of 200 and was 19-20%. Maybe I just got lucky and had perfect growing season but it was good corn. And now this year there is a lot of it around here. There is also some in this county that is going to PP as I have quite a bit of claims turned in for my county and a ton of replant turned in as well.

Went to Louisville KY last weekend and took 64 from STL all the way across to Louisville. We saw any where from not planted or worked to a couple guys planting with dust flying and not even a mile down the road water standing in fields and another mile further a guy putting on NH3. Did see one field about knee hi right as we got into Indiana. That was the tallest corn we saw on the trip. On way back we cut up thru Carlyle , Greenville, bunker hill and a few other small towns and saw the same. Not planted up to maybe ankle hi corn. Sure seems like it’s going to be an interesting harvest . Just letting you know what I’m seeing around here . I’ll quit rambling now lol !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)