AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Viper Pro rate hunting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

PBD
Posted 6/13/2019 15:39 (#7557160 - in reply to #7556700)
Subject: RE: Raven Viper Pro rate hunting

I would NOT mess with valve cal2 as I have never seen it do anything other than cause problems.

I would take the Pw preset out and make that 0.

PW number is just a gauge. In a viper pro that gauge goes from 0 to 253. Think of 0 as 0% voltage and 253 as 100% voltage. Keep in mind their is a dead band which means changing voltage through this number set makes no change. That is why you have a Min and Max. It will never shoot voltage outside of that range. Preset says, “go to this setting when booms shut off”. Unless you are very consistent in your entry and exit of spraying, this is not needed. With a 0 in preset, it just stays where it is. HOLD. While you spray, and it is jumping, watch the PW number and see what it is doing. This will tell you how far it is jumping. If it is bouncing off of 95, might lower minimum. 43 is a good setting from my experience on the valve cal.

You “could” have a rusty stem on your your Valve. Follow hosed from pump to the servo. It will have a coil on it. Take the big not off, not the acorn. Pull the coil off. Take emery cloth and clean that up. Needs to be shiny. When spraying 28 or 32, those can get rusty and make the valve act weird when it gets rusty. Makes it hard to get voltage through the rusty stem.

But what do I know?

Edited by PBD 6/13/2019 19:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)