AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Viper Pro rate hunting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

HoRFarms
Posted 6/12/2019 18:52 (#7555506 - in reply to #7555444)
Subject: RE: Raven Viper Pro rate hunting

SE VA/NE NC
PBD - 6/12/2019 19:14

I would slow the valve speed down. It is over shooting on both sides. The second to last number (if only 2 numbers, it is the first number) in your valve cal is the speed. Lower the number faster it is. I would recommend it to be 3 or 4 but you valve type could be different than what I am used to.

Agreed that on low rate stuff I see it a lot. At 26 gpa, as long as speed is above 5ish, you should be moving enough flow to NOT be on the bottom end of your flow meter abilities.

Also off rate percent will mildly affect the ability to achieve target. Might set it around 10-15 if it is still at factory 30, could make a mild difference. It affects the distance from target that it starts to slow the rate of change. If that makes sense.

I forgot all about the meter cals working like that. Just been plugging the number on the tag in for so long. I forgot to mention that it has the high flow pump and high flow meter. I do have a backup low flow meter i could put on.

Funny you mention 5mph because that was my speed. Im spraying Liberty and my 04 tips werent getting enough coverage so i went to an 025 and just slowed way down. However, I sprayed 4-5 hours at 4.5-5mph just fine before it started acting up today.

I didnt realise the off rate adjustment had anything to do with controlling the flow. I assumed it was only when the alarm went off, which used to drive me nuts, so I made it a much larger number awhile back.

If i had a small air leak on the suction side, would this be a symptom?

Edited by HoRFarms 6/12/2019 18:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)