Posted 6/12/2019 14:24 (#7555174 - in reply to #7555143) Subject: RE: Cleanout of sprayer
Eastern Washington State
Don't use bleach, use household cleaning ammonia. I buy a dozen 1/2 gallon jugs of the stuff at Walmart every year. It really cheap.
I have a bestway sprayer with tank rinse nozzles, this is my process:
1. Spray/drain everything out that I can
2. Rinse the inside of the tank out with clean water using the tank rinse nozzles
4. Pump 50 gallons of water into the main tank from the rinse water tank, add a jug of ammonia and let everything circulate with the rinse nozzles, sparge, and induction on for at least 20 minutes
5. Spray everything out through the booms, drain what's left
6. Repeat step 4 but without the ammonia this time
7. Spray everything out through the booms again
8. Drain any remaining water out of the system
This has worked very well for me with most herbicides, if you are spraying 2,4-D ester though you have to do things a little differently.